Welcome to The ART of Education, a professional space dedicated to advancing the field of Art Education. My name is Jessica Balsley, I teach K-5 Art and am a leader in my district as the coordinator and facilitator of the art department. I teach a variety of graduate courses on effective teamwork and leadership. With this unique background and perspective in art, education and leadership, AOE provides a well rounded perspective on the manny facets of this profession. Two passions of mine, art education and leadership come together in my career. I am passionate that art educators need quality professional development, and I hope to provide that through this online community.
AOE is unique because it’s not your average art education blog. This space offers you a unique perspective on the field of art education. Whether you are an art teacher, general education teacher or parent, AOE is for you.
- Do you care about fostering creative and life skills in our youth?
- Do you believe in inspirational leadership and positive attitudes?
- Is finding and fostering your passion something you aspire to do?
- Are you looking to stay organized and manage your time effectively at home and at work?
- Do you want to stay current with what is going on in the field of education and art education?
- Do you think kids can learn other subjects best through art?
- Are you looking for ideas you can implement right away to see a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then ART of Education is for you. The ART of Education Blog supports positive, can do attitudes. Creative teachers can find solutions to any problem. Together we will advance the field of Art Education, one clogged glue bottle at a time!
Feel free to contact me wtih questions, comments and opportuntites! I can’t wait to connect with you- Together we are stronger!